About once or twice a week I make purees for my baby. She’s just over a year old now so she loves more “grown-up” foods, but the purees are great for when you’re short on time or going out. This is a recipe for Beet Apple Puree that she loves! It’s super simple and honestly, I like it too!
*Note: Check with your pediatrician before giving your baby new foods.*
Here’s the steps:
1. You’ll need 1 large Organic Beet and 5 Organic Apples (I used Pink Lady apples). You could use more apples for a less “beety” taste.
2. Peel, rinse, and chop into small pieces. (Don’t freak out about how red your hands get from the beets! It goes away after you wash the dishes that you use for the recipe.)
3. Steam the beets for 20 minutes. Add in the apples for the last 5 minutes. They are done when you can easily pierce them with a fork.
4. Put into a blender or food processor with a little bit of the cooking water. Puree until smooth.
5. Store in air tight containers in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!