This is my absolute favorite granola recipe. I usually make a double batch so I can share it with my family and friends. I found the original recipe on abeautifulmess.com but I’ve made a few alterations. Here’s the recipe that I follow:
2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups raw nuts (I like sliced almonds and pecans)
1/3 cup oil (olive oil or coconut oil)
1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of nutmeg
Optional dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set up a baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper to cover. (If you don’t have parchment paper, cut the cooking time in half.)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well.
- Spread out on the baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes stirring halfway through.
- Let it cool completely on the baking sheet. Optional to add in dried fruit. Store in an air-tight container.
It’s delicious with milk, yogurt, or by itself. Happy baking!