5 Reasons to Meditate Today (and any day)
- It’s cheap! – You can meditate by simply sitting comfortably on a cushion or in a chair. If you have trouble sitting for extended periods, you can also meditate lying down or try a walking meditation.
- Reduced stress and worrying. – When you meditate, you start to bring your attention to the present moment, rather than dwelling on the past or worrying out the future. Being in the moment begins to put things in perspective.
- Relaxation. – Meditation triggers the Relaxation Response. When we are stressed, we are in fight or flight mode, and our body cannot rest and heal. Meditation gives our bodies a much needed break.
- It helps you to slow down. – In a world where we are always rushing, who doesn’t need that?
- It’s time for you. – At the end of the day, you have to live with yourself. It’s important to work on that relationship. Get to know You!